Saturday, December 11, 2010

About this Blog and The 4-Hour Body...

About two weeks ago I was excited to get my Signed Pre-Release Copy of the The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman by notorious Life-Hacker Tim Ferris.

If you are not familiar with Tim, he also wrote the New York Times #1 Bestseller The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich a book which not only inspired and guided me to create several new businesses, but has inspired tens of thousands of people to do the same.

So I figured if his hack of the work-a-day world was good, how about his hack of dieting and exercise.

Lately I had bee sitting at around 250 lbs and was simply bored with all the exercise and diet options in front of me, but I needed to do something.

Now, I intensely dislike exercise for exercise sake or diet for diets sake.

I prefer to complete a workout regimen designed specifically to train me for some adventure like I did in 2008 when I backpacked part of the Pacific Crest Trail.

So the The 4-Hour Body is my next adventure. And this blog, in its simplicity is a diary of my progress.

The intention is to start slow and work through the different aspects of his book.

As a side note, I am doing this the lazy man's way... avoiding the science and not doing any other measurements then weight. Maybe as I progress, I will get more into measuring body fat or any of the other suggestions Tim has.

Enjoy!

No comments: