Saturday, January 19, 2008

Thank you for the Self Inflating Air Mattress!

Dad,

Thank you! I picked up the Therm-a-Rest ProLite 4 Fast & Light Mattress from REI that you ordered for my Christmas present. It is truly a great self-inflating mattress. I was not planning on having an air mattress, I tend to be a minimalist in hiking, but now that I have it, I am excited about the potential comfort it is going to provide. It is very lite, only 2 lbs, and has a very small footprint when stored away. I am going to get a Thermarest Stuff Bag.

On another note, I just picked up my Moison-Nagant, M44 rifle from Big-5. I bought it two weeks ago when they were on sale for $89. What a great deal! It shoots 7.62 x 54R and has a built in bayonet. Very cool rifle from WWII - complete with a new bolt and ready for target shooting. Of course I won't be bringing on the trip!

Hope all is going well, talk soon!

Matson


No comments: