Saturday, January 26, 2008

Equipment List

Son

Good morning!

I will have an equipment list for you by the first week of February.

I found an interesting site www.thru-hiker.com. There are many interesting
articles about backpacking. Look under articles and then nutrition. This has
many hard facts about the nutritional needs of a backpacker. I am using this
information to create a menu.

You need calories for your body. You need at least 50% calories from
carbohydrates, 15% calories from protein, 35% calories from fat. We prepare
our meals according to that formula, we should feel great. Now to get the
right food without the weight.

My operation went great. My doctor was going to fuse my big toe joint but
after getting in and looking, he did not need to. He cut off the bunion and
closed up. That takes a good 4 weeks off the recovery period. I was very
happy.

Talk to you later

Love,

Dad

No comments: