Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Food for the trail

Son

I tried the BakePacker Ultra-Light last night to make some corn meal. It
turned our great. I cooked it on medium heat which will keep the BakePacker
at a medium Boil for 15 minutes and let it sit for 5 minutes. This will be a
great treat for us to add to our evening meals. I will be trying a cake mix
in the next few days. You can go to www.bakepacker.com to view this great
little oven. I used Marie Callender's corn bread mix. The serving size will
give each of us 450 calories. Which is 75% carbs, 18% fat, 8% protein.
I figure we can have oatmeal every morning with a variety of nuts, raisens
added to give us about 800 calories to start our day. Of course I will have
coffee. We can use the Folgers bags. Also good ole hot chocalet
I want to experiment with adding rice and powdered beans and dehydrated
veggies to the corn bread mix to give added flavor and good eats.

I will talk to later and hope you are having a good time.

Dad

No comments: