Monday, July 14, 2008

SCAMS are all around!

Friends,

One of the great advantages of Blogger is the ability to send an email directly to my blog and have it posted immediately.

Unfortunately, this email address made its way onto a spam list and recently I had no less than four email scams posted. I've left one up for you to see. The others were just as sinister... one claimed to be my long lost sister, one actually asked for personal information.

Very embarrassing on my part that I did not catch these sooner... but even more interesting is the question "how did they get access to this obscure email address?" Especially because it is one that is not published anywhere.

So, in an ongoing effort to solve this mystery, I am changing the posting email address for this blog and will see how long it takes for the scamsters to find it again.

No comments: